Our mission is to awaken people to their creative potential through cooperative effort, while promoting an ethic of conservation and reuse of valuable industrial by-products.
We advocate educational excellence for children through interactive, hands-on experiential learning. To do this, we promote the development of Reusable Resource Centers and provide instructional materials that are donated by businesses and industries as their unwanted by-products, rejects, overruns and obsolete materials.
The Institute for Self Active Education, our parent organization, offers creative solutions for problems facing education, business and the environment. It coordinates action among government, industry and educational institutions throughout the United States in order to recycle valuable reusable material resources into the hands of teachers and parents, who in turn, will use them with our children to discover new and creative ways of thinking and solving problems.
The Institute is irrevocably dedicated to and operated exclusively for non-profit purposes:
· To operate, support and promote use of the Reusable Resources Adventure Center, a Reuse Center founded in Brevard Country, Florida, for the collection and distribution of the materials used in motivating creative learning.
· To assist the Florida Network of Reuse Centers in establishing and supporting school-based Reuse Centers throughout Florida for the collection and distribution of materials used to motivate creative learning and thinking.
· To assist in establishing and supporting school or community-based Reuse Centers in the United States for the collection and distribution of materials used to motivate creative learning and thinking.
· To promote and provide training and other development services, locally and nationally, for the benefit of teachers, parents, child care providers, artists, youth of all ages, and the community at large, in the creative use of discarded resources for teaching and learning.
· To inspire businesses, locally and nationally, and to assist Brevard County businesses in the disposal of unwanted materials in an environmentally responsible manner.